Kapolei Parkway Gets A 7-11, Hele, And Starbucks This Summer
A new Hele gas station, and 7-11 store will open this summer at the intersection of Kapolei Parkway and Ft. Barrette Road. Construction is underway on a new shopping area that will include a Starbucks — possibly by summer as well.
This Means More Options For Commuters And Kapolei High Kids
- Morning commuters will be able to fuel their bodies and cars quick, without fighting for a parking spot in the shopping centers on Farrington.
- …or chancing the line at Costco.
- And Kapolei High students will have a very walkable spot for non-vending-machine snacks and, eventually, Frappuccinos.
What To Know About The New Hele/7-11/Starbucks
The entrance to the new shopping center won’t be on Kapolei Parkway but from Kunehi St. That’s where you turn to get to the retirement community Ilima.
The thinking behind putting the entrance on a side road is to keep Kapolei Parkway moving. As you know if you drive in town, traffic on main roads slows way down when cars are pulling off and onto them via parking lots.
The new Hele station and 7-11 are being built by Par Hawaiʻi, which operates a refinery in nearby Campbell Industrial Park. They have targeted, and tell us they are on track for, a summer 2019 opening date.
The Hele will have 12 pumps — or “fueling positions,” as they’re known in the biz — designed for easy traffic flow.
Par owns the land, and is leasing some of it to Starbucks for their store. It will be a full-service Starbucks, with indoor/outdoor seating and a drive-thru as well. A Starbucks spokesperson told us that they plan to open in the late summer or early fall. They say the store will employ approximately 25 people.
This will be the fourth Starbucks in the Kapolei area, joining the Starbucks that’s makai of Farrington Parkway, the one in the Home Depot shopping area on Kamokila Blvd., and the one that’s inside the Target in Kapolei Commons. (In case you’re wondering, Starbucks has more than 29,000 total stores worldwide.)
Other Gas Options
The new Hele will add to the central Kapolei fill-up options, which now include:
- The Costco Gasoline at the intersection of Kapolei Parkway and Kalaeloa Blvd.
- The 76 / 7-11, mauka of Farrington Highway / Kamokila Blvd.
- The Hele in the Kapolei Marketplace mauka of Farrington Highway / Kamokila Blvd.
- The Texaco makai of Farrington Highway / Kamokila Blvd.
- The Shell makai of Farrington Highway / Kamokila Blvd.
Another new gas station is planned to open this summer, in front of the former Kmart building mauka of Kamokila Blvd. It will be a Texaco, operated by Island Energy Services, a petroleum importer also based at Campbell Industrial Park.