PSA: Businesses Invited To Sponsor Kapolei Elementary School’s 2nd Annual Fun Run
That is the lofty goal that Sandra Williams, President of Naiʻa Ohana, Kapolei Elementary School’s Parent-Teacher Organization, has set for the school’s “Dolphin Dash” fun run.
Local businesses are invited to help make it happen by sponsoring the event, which will be held November 22nd at the school.
During the Dolphin Dash, kids will move between a series of fitness stations. An inflatable obstacle course will be one, Fortnite dance moves another. “Our goal is friendships, fitness, and fun,” says Williams.
Last year’s 1st annual fun run certainly accomplished that, with a superhero theme.
The event raised $21,000, which helped fund a few big ticket items at the school. Three large commercial-grade mobile umbrellas were installed over the summer, which help keep kids cool during recess or other outdoor activities. Some of the money also went to buy more chairs and beanbags for the school library, to make reading time more comfortable, and helped fund other students activities and incentives.
Funds raised from this year’s event will go towards:
- Student Activities: Including K – 2nd Grade – Holiday Parent Child Activities
- Field Trips: 3rd – 5th Grade, One Field Trip Bus Fee
- Technology: Updating old Chromebooks and buying new iPads
- Student Incentives
Sponsorships are being offered at three levels: Platinum ($1,000), Gold ($500), and Silver ($250).
Sponsorship benefits include:
- Business logo on the back of all event t-shirts (780 shirts)
- Business logo displayed on Dolphin Dash sponsorship banner pre and post event
- Business logo will be recognized in the Kapolei Elementary School Newsletter
- Nai’a Ohana Instagram & Facebook recognition
The higher sponsorship levels get larger logos and individual recognition for the event. This year Howzit Kapolei is participating as a Silver-level sponsor.
Students will begin to seek pledges from families, friends and neighbors to sponsor their individual Dolphin Dash effort, beginning November 4th. Keep your eyes open for a chance to support the KES student in your life.
If you would like to become a corporate sponsor:
- Email email@example.com to sign up.
- Include a high resolution logo for your business in the email
- Make your sponsorship check payable to Naiʻa Ohana and write “Dolphin Dash” in the memo line. Mail it to:
Kapolei Elementary School Attn: Nai‘a Ohana
91-1119 Kamaaha Loop, Kapolei, HI 96707
Nai’a Ohana is a 501(c)3 nonprofit orgnaization. You’ll be provided with a donation receipt for your tax records.