Upper Makakilo Real Estate: Ocean Views, Large Houses
The real estate market is ever-changing. Happily, Kapolei Realtor Sam Paltikian RS-79996, at Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties: (RBO-16781), is here to explain what it all means for west side homeowners.
Oʻahu Real Estate Market Trends
December closes the year out with some record stats for single family homes!
- Single family home prices were up 4.1%.
- Closings increased up 19.3%.
- Homes averaged getting into contract in just 18 days!!!
The Oʻahu housing market is stable and strong in several areas on the island, and we hope it continues into 2020.
Want to understand the data better? Contact Sam for a personal consultation! Making Realty Dreams A Reality!
ʻEwa Plain Stats
- Inventory was down in December 2019, compared to 2018, by 24%.
- With inventories down, it created shorter days on market (-53%), because buyers had limited choices.
- This limited availability also drove closed sales up by 49%, as demand remained strong due to continued low interest rates.
- Condo sales were slower than the results of single-family houses in December, but still stable for year-end stats.
Upper Makakilo offers some of the best views on the island, including the luxury of Makakilo-Pālehua Heights.
What draws homebuyers to this area?
- Views of the ocean, mountains, city, and coastline.
- Outdoor fun spaces with large lanais, and lot sizes of ~8,000 square feet.
- Better value than other areas on the island.
For example, a 5-bedroom, 4-bath home with ~3,800 square feet of living space and a three-car garage recently went on the market for $1.45 million. A home like this, with views like you get in Makakilo, would cost closer to $3 or $4 million elsewhere on the island. This demonstrates the value of buying on the west side!
If you would like to view some of these luxury homes, contact Realtor Associate Sam Paltikian.
Sam Paltikian is a REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, RS-79996, at Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties: (RBO-16781)