How To Be First In Line When Foodland Farms Opens In Kapolei
As of this week, potential customers can reserve a shopping time at Foodland.com/opentable — with a reservation, you’ll be able to skip the line and go right in. Walk-ins will be allowed, if there’s room.
The new Foodland Farms opens Wednesday, July 15. Hours will be 6am-9pm daily.
If you’re able to book a time, here’s what you’ll see when you get inside the 32,000 square foot store:
- A focus on Hawaiʻi-grown, Hawaiʻi-raised and Hawaiʻi-made products and ingredients.
- A wide selection of healthy options, including a fresh Bowls station with made-to-order greens, grains and protein bowls.
- Mahi ‘ai Table, an in-store, full-service restaurant and bar featuring farm-to-table dishes and craft cocktails.
- A HI Steaks plate lunch location.
- Grab-and-go items including family meals, modern takes on bento, pre-packaged foods and snacks such as gyoza, lumpia, oven-roasted buffalo cauliflower and Okinawan sweet potato tempura.
- Foodland’s Chef Essentials: Housemade marinades, dressings, stocks, broths, spice rubs, dips and vinaigrettes.
- Take-and-Bake kits, Do-It-Yourself pizza kits, and Calabash Meal Kits, all made by Foodland chefs.
You don’t have to wait until you get home to enjoy what you buy — Foodland Farms Ka Makana Aliʻi will have a 900-square-foot indoor-outdoor lanai for dining/drinking.
Also of note: Foodland is hiring for both the store and restaurant. If you’re interested, visit this informational page.
What About Social Distancing?
Jenai S. Wall, Foodland Chairman and CEO, had this to say about how they plan to prevent the spread of coronavirus: “The store had been set to open on April 8, and we delayed our opening to be sensitive to restrictions and requirements surrounding the pandemic. The extra months of planning have given us more time to ensure we have precautions in place to keep our customers safe and have allowed us to add even more new offerings to the store. We think customers will love what they see and can’t wait to open.”
Some of the precautions include:
- Limited number of customers allowed in at any one time
- Everyone who enters the store will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing, staying six feet apart from others
- Only one additional person may come with you to shop
But Wait, There’s More!
Foodland says that they have some more exciting details about the grand opening to announce too. We’ll update this page as we learn more.
For all the updates, sign up for the Howzit Kapolei weekly newsletter.